The Grassroots Points League is a new opportunity for all BRC Members
All dressage (Walk and Trot and Prelim Level) and showjumping (60cms and 70cms) competitors can gain points at BRC Club organised competitions. Area Qualifiers and National level competitions will not count.
Points can be gained when competing at BRC Club organised competitions only.
There will be two separate leagues; showjumping and dressage. Monthly score updates will be provided; therefore competitors must return their score card to the BRC head office no later than the 7th of the following month. Results on cards received after this time will not count. The competition will run for ten months from January – October 2018, there will be rosettes down to 10th place, sashes down to 3rd and there will be an overall supreme champion prize for the competitor who has accumulated the most points over the two leagues.
It’s so simple, just follow these easy steps:
1. Download and print your blank points card from the BRC website.
2. Compete at any dressage (Walk & Trot and Prelim Level) or showjumping (60cms & 70cms) BRC Club organised competition.
3. Ask the Secretary at the event to confirm your placing with their signature.
4. Post your completed points card back to BRC HQ by the 7th of the following month.
5. Finally, wait for the results.
The Grassroots Points League will run according to the official BRC rules found in the current BRC Rule Book p80-81.
1. Individuals can compete in both dressage (Walk and Trot and Prelim Level) and showjumping (60cms and 70cms) competitions. Both disciplines will count towards the league.
2. It is the individuals’ responsibility to download and print this card and produce it at every relevant competition to gain the signature of the Secretary upon being placed.
3. The Grassroots Points League takes place between 1 January – 31 October 2018. Completed points cards must be returned to BRC Head Office no later than the 7th of the following month. Results on cards received after this time will not count.
4. Checks will be carried out by BRC HQ to ensure that the information provided is correct.
5. Individuals can compete at club and area level. However a qualifying class for a BRC Championship may not be used to gain points for this league.
6. Individuals can compete across all clubs and areas.
7. If the card is not filled out correctly, the results will not be counted.
Placing to points table
1st place = 6 points
2nd place = 5 points
3rd place = 4 points
4th place = 3 points
5th place = 2 points
6th place = 1 point